- JT AUDIO STUDIO -
João Thiré is a sound designer, sound editor, music composer, and Latin Grammy-winning audio engineer based in Toronto, Canada.
Originally from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, João started as a musician, learned piano at a young age, then in his teens transitioned into drums. His audio engineering and production interest began while recording some of his bands' demos at his home studio. Later, João became an assistant engineer, and consequently a recording and mixing engineer at Biscoito Fino Studios
There, he worked on over 30 albums, including several Latin Grammy winners and nominees.
In parallel, João has been running JT Audio Studio since 2015, offering recording, editing, composing, mixing, and mastering services for music albums, television shows, theatre, and film scores.
João has a post-graduate degree in Sound Design & Production at George Brown College, Toronto. He has a diploma in Music for Film & TV and a bachelor's in Music & Technology, the last both at the Brazilian Conservatory of Music, Rio de Janeiro.
João also has an advanced diploma in Music Industry Arts & Performance at Centennial College, Toronto.
- Recording and Mixing Engineer on the Latin Grammy Winner album “+Misturado” by Martn’ália (2017 Best Samba Album)
- Mastering Engineer on the Latin Grammy Nominee album “Mercosul” by Victor Biglione (2016 Best Instrumental Album)
- Assistant Engineer on the Latin Grammy Winner album “Caravanas” by Chico Buarque
(2018 Best Brazilian Popular Music Album)
- Assistant Engineer on 6 albums nominated to the Latin Grammy Awards
- Assistant Engineer on 9 albums
winners of the Brazilian Music Awards