- JT AUDIO STUDIO -
João Thiré is a sound designer, editor, composer, and Latin Grammy winning recording and mixing engineer based in Toronto, Canada,
Originally from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, João started as a musician, learned piano at a young age, then in his teens transitioned into drums. His audio engineering and production interest began while recording some of his bands' demos at his home studio. Later, João worked as an assistant engineer, and consequently as a recording and mixing engineer at Biscoito Fino Studios, from the record label Biscoito Fino (www.biscoitofino.com.br). There, he worked on over 30 albums, including several Latin Grammy winners and nominees.
In parallel, João has been running JT Audio Studio since 2015, offering recording, editing, composing, mixing, and mastering services for music albums, television shows, theatre, and film scores.
João has a bachelor's degree in Music & Technology and a post-bachelor's in Music for Film & TV at the Brazilian Conservatory of Music. He also has an advanced diploma in Music Industry Arts & Performance at Centennial College, Toronto. João is currently in the last term of the Sound Design & Production post-graduate program at George Brown College from which he will graduate in August of 2021.
- Recording and Mixing Engineer on the Latin Grammy Winner album “+Misturado” by Martn’ália (2017 Best Samba Album)
- Mastering Engineer on the Latin Grammy Nominee album “Mercosul” by Victor Biglione (2016 Best Instrumental Album)
- Assistant Engineer on the Latin Grammy Winner album “Caravanas” by Chico Buarque
(2018 Best Brazilian Popular Music Album)
- Assistant Engineer on 6 albums nominated to the Latin Grammy Awards
- Assistant Engineer on 9 albums
winners of the Brazilian Music Awards